i figured out why i've been so hungry today

without getting into TMI territory, I had the Mirena IUD inserted a year ago after having a lot of issues with being on the pill (that's a rant for another time, though ;-)). One of the nice things about Mirena is that for a lot of women it will lighten and sometimes do away with "Aunt Flo". While I am not one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to deal with it at all (although I will admit there is some comfort in knowing that I am not pregnant on a fairly regular basis), it has cut me back to every other month. It's worked out so my AF months are the even months (February, April, June, etc).

While I may not have AF every month, I do get some PMS symptoms every month. They are generally lesser than when AF is here, but one that remains very constant is ravenous hunger the week leading up to AF or when I would have AF if I had it every month. Ravenous hunger including an ungodly craving for chips and french onion dip.

((Shut up, stomach))

So, it's either that or I'm about to get extremely sick since everyone in the house has been in the past 2 weeks. Either way, it's making me extremely grumpy.