it's been a weekend...a long weekend

Saturday was interesting. I was going to take my kids swimming at the local gym in the afternoon, which they were hot to do, of course. We all got ready, got in the car, and left.
While heading around this one curve on the way into town (I live in an extremely rural area, not in the middle of a cornfield but a couple of blocks from some, so to do anything other than put gas in your car you have to go 'to town'...moving on..), my car started fishtailing, and there was a couple of moments when I thought I was going to either lose control of the car or start rolling. Luckily neither happened, and we continued the next couple of miles to the gym. As soon as we got there I got out and looked at my tires because while I don't know a lot about cars, the sudden loss of control like that made me suspect there was something wrong with one of the tires. Sure enough, the rear passenger tire was extremely low. This tire has been acting goofy for a couple of weeks now and I'd been keeping a close watch on it as I suspected it might have a slow leak.
So we drove over to the gas station and I put air in the tire and waited a minute. Sure enough, it started to get squishy again. I ended up having to go to Walmart because the tire place in town was closed for the day.
Maybe I'm off my rocker, but I could swear that I've been told that if you are going to replace one front or rear tire, you should replace both front tires or both rear tires. So I told the guy at the tire center there that I needed 2 new rear tires. He handed me a slip and told me my car would be ready in about an hour and a half.
An hour and a half. I was supposed to wander around Walmart for 90 minutes with a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old? All I can say is W..T..F??
We'd pretty much exhausted the store after 40 minutes so I figured I would take the kids to McDonald's or something and grab some dinner (there is no snack bar or other eating thing in our lovely Walmart any more). We went over to Culver's since it was closer and we had to walk, and I got them a kid's meal to split. And I got....nothing!
This is a major breakthrough for me because while I don't have a big sweet tooth, I love fried foods. I love hamburgers and onion rings and all those sort of 400+ calorie items. But when we were at the restaurant yesterday I didn't even have the desire to get anything. I'm so close to breaking the 200's it's almost an obsession now. I know they say that while the number on the scale is important to a degree you shouldn't go nuts about it, but it's my personal opinion that anyone who says that has probably not had to deal with a weight milestone like this. I mean, come on. It sounds so much nicer to say "I weight 198 pounds" vs "I weigh 201 pounds". Only a three pound difference, but that's a big 3 pounds!
Anyway, when we got back to the store my car was done and we merrily drove home. I just hope the rest of this weekend is a lot better than yesterday was.